Vegetable Curry: Simple Summer FareJuly 7, 2012
Incapacitating: Too Many OptionsJuly 9, 2012
This breakfast treat took 10 minutes to prepare from scratch and used one of the many zucchini squash I have sitting in the kitchen awaiting preparation. I made the recipe on the fly and it turned out so well, I wrote it down before I could forget it.
So simple. So fast. So healthy… and inexpensive too!
- 1/3 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 Medium egg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract,
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about a cup)
- 1 large fresh peach, sliced thin
- 1 tsp organic flax seed meal
- Mix flour, egg, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla and zuchinni. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon into a single-size no-stick waffle press (or use a pan and make it a pancake if you prefer — but you will need to increase the oil to prevent sticking which will increase the calories).
- When waffle is done, cover with fresh, ripe peach slices and sprinkle with flax meal.
- You can garnish with a teaspoon of heavy cream, if you like.
Servings: 1, Calories: 281, Fat: 3g, Sat Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Sodium: 62 mg, Carbs: 57g, Fiber: 11g, Sugars: 22g, Protein: 12g, Vit A: 16%, Vit C: 53%, Calcium: 8%, Iron: 15%.
The good: This food is low in Sodium, and very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C and Selenium, and a very good source of Manganese.
The bad: A large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars and alcohol.
Read More here.